Saturday, December 13, 2008

2008 tree hunting

How I miss the Black Hills where we would make a trip up to Spearfish Canyon and spend an afternoon sometime after Thanksgiving driving and hiking around looking for a somewhat full pine tree. There are cedar trees down here but apparently they really stink, especially the female ones...

Last year we settled for a Menard's tree but it wasn't much of an experience. This year we went to a tree farm - the folks who own it are Christians. They did a live nativity - well, w/live donkeys anyway. And there were ducks and kittens and dogs and a barn. And actually, I knew the wife, Brenda, but didn't realize it until she reintroduced herself to me. She was on the MOPS panel w/me and another Brenda this fall.

Anyway, we had a really great time. First thing Noah found was a friendly kitten to abuse throughout the course of our hunt. The dog somehow knew better than to follow that kid. =)

Kitten abuse

Our tree. I felt a little bad actually cutting it down. Brenda said they take 8 YEARS to get that big...=(

Donkey
Noah helps daddy and Evie plays w/Noah's new felt Thomas play set.

All done. I look alike a dork leaning over, and then Snap is showing off his white butt. I put this shot in here so you could see how we switched the chair and love seat around. I like it this way. If I had some kind of bench I would put that in front of the window and leave it set up like this...

Happy family. Actually, we had a little tiff right before this but we look happy and that's what's important right? Riiiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment