Thursday, May 22, 2014

last day of school - 2014

It's been one week since we finished school. It's been lovely being done though I feel lazy now!

What a good year it's been! Having Evie doing Kindergarten and Noah doing 2nd/3rd grade was a change for me, as was having another baby! But we managed to get most of all of our work done during Ezra's morning nap. Most of the time. Some times it could get dicey. I must say that it'll be nice to have a little bit more freedom as the kids grow. I think a lot of people forget what it's like to have a napping baby. If I want to get anything done (and I kind of have to since I'm responsible for schooling our children!), then I need to have structure. Structure means I cannot run us around all over town if I want to get anything done. If I did that, there would be no normal nap time and it would be a nightmare. So yeah, it'll be nice as the kids get older and we can get out and about more. Freedom!!!

But anyway, we had a good year doing Classical Education for the first time. We are definitely staying with it. We'll be starting on Latin this summer...eventually.

Here's the last day of school. 


Here's the first day of school. And somehow Evie is wearing the exact same clothes.


Some silliness as Noah finishes his math.


I thought I'd throw a photo in of me sitting at my normal spot at the school table since I'm the one always taking pictures of them! That and I really liked Samuel's silly face which I wasn't paying attention to at all while I checked Noah's math.


More sillies.


About half way through the year I texted a photo to my family to show how many pages of "narration" Noah had completed. It's very impressive at the end of the year!


Narration is just summarizing the story he read. Quite a stack!


How our school room has changed! This is how we started out the year when the dungeon wasn't even completed yet and the school room was where Noah and Samuel's new room is now. Look, you can see that stupid wet bar in the corner!


And here are the kids sitting in the same place on the last day of school. We have accomplished so much this year! Good job us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment