Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas piano recital

The olders, Noah and Evie, are in the midst of their second year of piano lessons. It's going well; they've improved so much. I just don't understand how they can get both hands to do something different at the same time! Its bound to be good for their brains.

Last year they did a Christmas time recital but I couldn't go for some reason. I think... This year was no problem. Their teacher Kathy had them perform at an assisted living center near the church. 



Evie was one of the first to perform.



She did great. 



Noah went nearly last.  



Look at that concentration. He just attacks the piano; a little too loud but lots of feeling. 



And a bow to finish. 



The flyer announcing the kids' performance had mistakenly described them as a singing group. They didn't have anything like that prepared, but not wanting to disappoint they sang an impromptu song, Hark the Herald Angels Sing. 



My view of the song from the side.  



I was over there because I had to keep an eye on Samuel who was testing the bird cage by opening its doors.  



The crowd. 



I just couldn't get Abigail to smile, but everyone else was happy.  



The kids passed around some cookies, helped themselves, and then joined Samuel at the birdcage. Good job kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment