Friday, December 19, 2014

mom's advent stocking garland

My mom is crafty. I don't like crafts at all! She is a rock star crocheter, if that's even a word. I tried learning in college and didn't have the patience for. She also weaves fair award winning baskets and even had a business selling them when we were little (those craft fairs were no fun for any of us though I think), sewed tons of clothes for Steph and I when we were little and can always get the knots out of necklace chains. I can't do any of that stuff. My sister inherited her skill.

I told her I liked this crocheted advent stocking garland thing off pinterest a couple years ago, and after she completed our Christmas stockings with yarn to spare last year, I guess she just decided she'd make that advent garland too. And it's awesome! Terry found an advent reading schedule here but we've steadily gotten behind. Oh well. It still looks great.
always a little dicey getting everyone to sit still for 3 minutes of reading...


Here's what the original looked like. She bought some holiday leaves to weave on but I didn't like it. I'm a plain jane like that and I think it's great all by itself. Thanks mom!

1 comment: