Tuesday, February 3, 2015

back to work

On Saturday, January 3rd, 2015, I went back to work for the first time in about two and a half years.

The last time I wrote a post like this was in 2009 when we were living in the parsonage in Gburg and I started my once a week nursing job at the clinic. It's fun to look back and see how much life has changed. Back then Evie was just a baby and we hadn't even bought our first home yet. And now we have been back in Rapid for about two and a half years and have two more kids! 

Since life was kind of crazy when we first moved (buying a house and having another baby), I wasn't ready to work. But when Ezra got to be over a year old, I often wondered if there was somewhere I could apply for part time nursing employment and even asked friends for ideas. When Samuel sliced his finger, I unexpectedly asked that urgent care doctor if they were hiring - he wasn't helpful.

Back in November I was extremely sick with what I thought was the flu. After two days of increasing misery I went to the Urgent Care clinic that a doctor from our church works at (we also took Noah there when he broke his arm). I was diagnosed with strep throat, prescribed life giving antibiotics and asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I asked if they were hiring on Saturdays at all. He kind of paused, thought about it and said that yes, perhaps they were. So after an interview a few weeks later, I was hired. It was just easier to wait until the holidays were over to begin training and so on that Saturday, January 3rd, I started a new nursing job at an Urgent Care clinic not too far from home. 

Since then I've trained three more days and worked on my own for a few hours. I'm ready to work independently now and will be filling in PRN (as needed). I very much enjoy it there and am so very thankful that it worked out.  
Terry ran out of the house that first Saturday and took my picture on my way to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment