Monday, February 15, 2016

winter mountain biking

I hadn't been mountain biking since last summer when I fell in the mud but about a month ago Denise asked me if I'd like to go out with her and friends to Bone Collector. I'd heard a lot about it but never gone...plus I was intimidated by the name. Since Terry had been gone that week to Denver, we mutually agreed I could use some time away from the kids. It was cold and cloudy but so much fun. There was ice on part of the trail and I skidded out several times. I kept getting bumped off my bike. Plus my heart felt like it was going to explode. My legs were so tired that I couldn't even coast downhill squat/standing like you're supposed to. I had to rest on one foot. Oof. Challenging but great fun. Everyone said I did well even though they're all far better than me. And as a plus, Terry learned how to manage the pizza dough until I got home to finish it. What a good team we make. 

I also went with them the following week to Reder Road with a somewhat smaller crew including these peeps; Denise, Zeb, Jazmin, and Emma. Jaz and Emma are two of my small group girls who I love and apparently they love met too since they begged me to run a half marathon with them in June. So we're doing it. And mountain biking is good cross training. 

We are holding Jazmin's bike aloft because it was her last ride on it before she received her new bike the following week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment